Pacific northwest foraging
(Not quite convinced?)
Locating, procuring, and preparing local edible plants and medicinals.
The focus of this class is to prepare the student to sustain oneself with edible and or medicinal plant life within the season of the geographical location.
- Understand the growth cycles.
- Identify poisonous plants.
- Learn what parts of the plant are usable as tools or for hygiene.
- Understand how long one can last on edibles in the Pacific Northwest.
- Learn to apply medicinals to wounds and treat infection.